AUBURN, Ala. — There is news about the the job for which Tommy Tuberville might apply, but the news about this job moves so fast lately that the former Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas Tech and Cincinnati football coach has missed the latest. “What did he say?” Tuberville asks, pressing a few times on his iPhone until the news pops up. “Oh,” Tuberville says after reading a few lines. “He says he won’t resign.”“He” is Alabama governor Robert Bentley. Or, rather, he was Alabama governor Robert Bentley. Bentley’s impromptu press conference on the capitol steps happened Friday, shortly before Tuberville arrived at the Auburn University Club for a golf tournament that would include many of his former players. Bentley resigned on Monday, felled by a scandal that included an alleged affair, two inconveniently synced devices, the end of a 50-year marriage and the alleged misuse of state resources to keep the alleged affair going. Before he announced his resignation, Bentley cut a deal with the state to plead guilty to two misdemeanor charges relating to campaign finance. Had he not made the deal, he would have faced felony charges and potential jail time. When he pleaded guilty, he became the third… Read full this story
- Why we can expect increased athlete activism during Donald Trump’s presidency
- Pinkerton: Reagan Rising, Carter Falling: a New Book Offers Lessons for Trump from Two Presidents
- Missouri lawmakers ban abortions after eight weeks of pregnancy as Mike Pence PRAISES Alabama's near-total ban for 'embracing life' and accuses Democrat-led states of backing 'extreme' laws
- Boris Johnson's bid for snap election is CRUSHED: Corbyn chickens out of letting public go to the polls as MPs inflict humiliating defeat on PM hours after passing law to stop No Deal
- North American World Cup Bid Projects $11 Billion Profit for FIFA
- US election 2020: Which Democratic candidate will take on Trump?
- Kamala Harris and the US state looking to take down Trump
- Once eager to tout Trump friendship, Rick Scott now plays it down
- Former Auburn coach eyes Alabama governor’s mansion
The Donald Trump of Alabama? Tommy Tuberville eyes outsider’s bid for governor have 336 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 12, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.