Indiana Pacers owner Herb Simon sat down for an exclusive one-on-one interview with IndyStar on Thursday, after the conclusion of the regular season. The wide-ranging conversation included Paul George, bringing the All-Star game to Indianapolis and, of course, Lance Stephenson: Question: What are thoughts on Paul George’s performance this season and his future with the team?Answer: This guy has taken over the team and pulled us up. I think very highly of him. I think he was incredibly personable at our breakfast in New Orleans during the All-Star weekend. He was very open. He wants to be a champion. He wants a winning team and it’s our job to get him one. He’s got that desire to be a special player, which he is, and to have a special team. We’re all on the same wavelength. It’s just a matter of we both have to produce. He has to produce and we have to give him the players to produce with. Q: Was there any real consideration in trading George before the deadline in February?A: Basically, we were offered a lot of things. We didn’t even think of taking any of them. (President) Larry (Bird) will give you a better feel… Read full this story
- A Pacers rebuild around Victor Oladipo means moving Turner or Sabonis
- What you should know about Frank Vogel
- NBA power rankings: After wild summer, title race wide open
- Which direction will Bucks go to fill final two roster spots?
- NBA rumors: 9 players who could be traded during NBA Draft
- How the Braves came to Buffalo – and why they left
- NBA draft: Best player picked at every slot in league history
- Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo hauls in NBA MVP honor
- NBA Awards: Teary-eyed Giannis Antetokounmpo wins MVP honors
- SABR making its comeback
Exclusive Q&A with Herb Simon on Paul George, Larry Bird and Pacers' future have 295 words, post on www.usatoday.com at April 13, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.