THE British people love Europe but despise the European Union.After the week that our decision to leave the EU became official, our European neighbours need to understand this is nothing personal.The average Brit has only affection and admiration for European culture. We love German cars, French wine and Spanish sunshine.Millions of us have fond memories of Paris, Venice, Barcelona, Berlin or Amsterdam that we will treasure for ever. Our bonds with Europe are strong and deep.There were 16 Polish squadrons in the RAF during World War Two, including the legendary 303 Polish Squadron, which fought from the Battle of Britain to the collapse of Nazi Germany.The only foreign holidays my family ever took when I was growing up were in Norway, where my mum’s brother Alfie had settled after falling in love with a Norwegian girl — my Auntie Bjorg — when Uncle Alfie was kicking the Nazis out of Norway.The best times of my childhood were the ones I spent with my two Norwegian cousins in a log cabin up in the mountains. Fishing in fjords, shooting air rifles, running free under the midnight sun. Glorious.And I would bet my last euro that you have your own precious memories… Read full this story
- The Euro and The European Union - A Second Wake Up Call
- Facts About Real Estates In Bulgaria - The Latest European Union Member
- The United States of Europe is a Joke!
- Europe to Take Out Iran For Jerusalem
- Europe Misses the Mark - Will It Return as the Sign of the Cross?
- Europe Swings Both Ways
- Romania on the Rise: Investing in Eastern Europe
- The Book of Daniel, Islam, and Europe
- European Vacation
- Muslims Invade Europe, Latinos Invade the U.S
Europe is in the hearts of most Brits… it’s just the European Union we hate have 283 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 1, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.