Donald Trump released his “Budget Blueprint” today, his proposal for the cuts and spending priorities for the federal budget and guess what everybody! It’s going to make America great again!Great news, right? I mean, America was pretty great already, what with a big step forward in healthcare reform, a steadily declining unemployment rate, and increased attention being paid to the rights of marginalized groups. But the last couple months, yeah, not so great.So what’s Trump’s plan to make the American federal budget great again? It seems pretty simple: cut everything. First of all, he’s proposing drastic (like, up to a third of their budget in some cases) cuts to a ton of departments, from the EPA and State Department, to NASA and the Education Department.He also wants to entirely eliminate these 19 agencies:African Development FoundationAppalachian Regional CommissionChemical Safety BoardCorporation for National and Community ServiceCorporation for Public BroadcastingDelta Regional AuthorityDenali CommissionInstitute of Museum and Library ServicesInter-American FoundationU.S. Trade and Development AgencyLegal Services CorporationNational Endowment for the ArtsNational Endowment for the HumanitiesNeighborhood Reinvestment CorporationNorthern Border Regional CommissionOverseas Private Investment CorporationUnited States Institute of PeaceUnited States Interagency Council on HomelessnessWoodrow Wilson International Center for ScholarsThis would be the widest set of federal program reductions since just after World War,… Read full this story
- Trump Is Failing at Policy, But Winning His Race Wars
- From an imaginary restraining order to a phantom drop in NATO spending: Trump makes 99 false claims in two weeks
- Tallying the Damage of Trump’s Presidency in 2017
- When Donald Trump Was More Anti-NATO Than Vladimir Putin
- Trump’s Mental Health: Is Pathological Narcissism the Key to Trump’s Behavior?
- A Political Economist on How China Sees Trump’s Trade War
- Welcome to Act III of the Trump Tragedy
- How obesity is harming the planet: Overweight people generate an extra 700 MILLION tons of carbon dioxide a year, US study claims
- Terrifying moment lights go out across Japanese city as country is rocked by 6.7 magnitude quake, killing nine and burying dozens more in landslides, days after typhoon ravaged nation
- The First NASA Plan Under Trump Will Kill The International Space Station
Trump’s Terrifying Budget Will Kill a Ton of Programs & Probably a Ton of People, Too have 350 words, post on www.themarysue.com at March 16, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.