I generally take a critical distance from trailers, and have an explicit aversion to those battle-focused CGI ones that always seem to accompany high-fantasy RPGs like Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim, and, a couple of weeks ago, Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. Not only do I find them egregiously unrepresentative of the actual games, but there’s something about the ease with which the omnipotent on-screen characters kick ass and cast magic that seems a little adolescent, a little unmagical, as if casting spells were as simple as pulling the trigger on a paintball gun. Read more: the best MMOs on PC. But the gameplay trailer I saw at an event for ESO: Morrowind was another story. It starts with the camera slowly moving forward along that little pier in Seyda Neen, where so many of us took our first tentative steps in Elder Scrolls III all those years ago. Then it sweeps through gloriously remodelled versions of stunning in-game locations – a bustling Balmora, the strange carapace-township of Gnisis, giant mushrooms aplenty, and a partially built Vivec City (hopefully it won’t be such a nightmare to navigate this time). I’m barely looking at the PvE MMO action taking place in the foreground,… Read full this story
- Bognor homes burgled as elderly victims slept
- How waitress spent £6k on boozy online buying binges and needed counselling
- Why did Norwich's interiors shop Berrys & Grey go online only?
- PS5: Next-generation PlayStation release date at least 12 months away says Sony
- The plastic packaging paradox
- ‘Brexit is aggressive and dangerously nostalgic. The UK is in for a brutal chastening’
- 101 of the most incredible Plymouth women
- It's unlikely you'll see better outdoor photos than these in 2019...
- The Islamist and the evangelical: one Georgian family’s story
- Our regional journalists rank every Premier League manager
How ZeniMax are faithfully realising Morrowind in Elder Scrolls Online, down to the Red Mountain have 294 words, post on www.pcgamesn.com at February 22, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.