It’s midnight and it’s freezing. The tiny industrial park is dead and empty, save for one open garage bay. Bathed in harsh lights and fatigued by 48 hours of continuous work, six guys are dirty and bloody trying to turn the husk of an old BMW into a race car. They don’t have enough time. They don’t have the right parts. But they’re working for Bill Caswell, and he wasn’t about to be discouraged by such trivialities. Calamity, chaos and extra effort in the eleventh hour are all how Caswell conducts business. Once, he was like so many people who love cars—a suit with a boring desk job who dreamed of going on wild adventures and running any car he could deem close to up to the task in any race he could find. Now he’s living the dream, building cars and driving all over the world. But behind all the Instagram glory there is sacrifice. Caswell sleeps wherever, or sometimes not at all, busts his knuckles dumps his soul into wild, sketchy engineering projects and sometimes comes out with literally nothing to show for it. The fact that sometimes he actually succeeds in satisfying his epic whims, like “wouldn’t… Read full this story
- Justin Trudeau: the rise and fall of a political brand
- Tulsi Gabbard says Hillary Clinton has 'blood on her hands' and brands her the 'embodiment of corruption' after the former Secretary of State claimed she was a 'favorite of the Russians' as fellow Democratic candidates flock to the veteran's defense
- Judge Judy tells Michael Bloomberg to run for president: Star says former New York mayor is 'only way we can begin to come together' as she slams Democrats' 'free money' and blames 'sounds and fury' of Trump without naming him
- And then there were 18! Hot yoga-loving Ohio congressman Tim Ryan quits 2020 Democratic presidential primary
- Sony Changes the Game
- The People behind the People behind E-commerce
- Are your tinned tomatoes picked by slave labour?
- Readers' Choice Awards 2010
What It Really Takes To Trade Your Day Job For Race Cars And Parties have 332 words, post on jalopnik.com at January 17, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.