Below, a thin crevice carved into the rock. Above, the stars. I wasn’t quite at the roof of the world but I was definitely in some sort of grim penthouse. The cold didn’t bother me anymore, frostbite having chewed the nerves out of my extremities, and the cold wouldn’t claim me. Nor would the wolves that seemed determined to keep me on the mountainside. I’d decided to die on my own terms. I stepped into the void.That morning, I’d been reflecting on how grand life can be as I cooked freshly caught whitefish on a pot-bellied stove, snug inside a lonely cabin by a frozen lake. This wasn’t The Long Dark [official site], this was an escape from the rat race, and I was happily prepared for the challenge of Timberwolf Mountain, looming overhead.My previous adventures in The Long Dark seemed like the actions of a fool. No more stumbling through blizzards and getting lost a few hundred feet from home, no more hoarding of water and meat in anticipation of disaster, and no more fear of the dark. I have several healthily stocked bases, spread across valleys and tiny settlements, and my loadouts make me a lean, mean exploration… Read full this story
- Games Worth Playing: “The Long Dark”
- Genocide: Tales of the traumatic road to survival
- The Most Beautiful Illustrations from 200 Years of Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales
- 'Westworld' and 'The Handmaid's Tale' return with stirring second seasons
- Review: ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Season 2 Moves Into a Dark Future
- What Are Critics Saying About ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Season 2?
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Season 2: How Margaret Atwood and Bruce Miller Tackled Race on Hulu’s Biggest Hit
- The Handmaid's Tale season 2 focuses on womanhood, says Elisabeth Moss
- 15 years later, the death of the N.H.’s Old Man of the Mountain remains painful
- REVIEW: 'Tomorrow' is a dog's tale that will keep you turning pages
The Tragedy of Timberwolf Mountain – A Long Dark Tale have 318 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at January 23, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.