The St. Louis Cardinals have consistently found success over the past decade partly through their exceptional depth. Well, if they wanted to keep that trend going forward, they just missed a great opportunity.The St. Louis Cardinals signed Brett Cecil and Dexter Fowler this offseason. While both those moves were necessary and good for the team, there have been other, more minor, opportunities that have passed John Mozeliak by. Most recently, outfielder Austin Jackson signed a minor league deal with the Cleveland Indians that includes an invite to spring training. The deal is worth $1.5 million if he makes the major league team and includes incentives that could boost it to $4M.This deal is exactly the type of deal that some have expected out of John Mozeliak. He likes those under the radar, give them a chance type deals and often times, they have worked out perfectly for the Redbirds. Austin Jackson could have been one of those deals, especially since the bulk of his contract relies on making the major league roster.The Cardinals currently have an outfield of Dexter Fowler, Randal Grichuk, Stephen Piscotty, Tommy Pham, and Jose Martinez. The starting three have the potential to be one of the… Read full this story
- Cincinnati Reds go homer happy in victory over the St. Louis Cardinals
- NY Mets, St. Louis Cardinals lineups announced for Sunday
- Beat Me in St. Louis: The Cardinals' Crisis
- Steve Stenger, St. Louis County Executive, Indicted on Bribery, Mail Fraud
- The Best Things to Do in St. Louis This Week, July 25 to 30
- The Best Things to Do in St. Louis This Week, July 12 to 16
- St. Louis Is Boring? Are They Nuts?
- The Best Things to Do in St. Louis this Week: April 18 to 23
- MLS to expand to St. Louis for 2022 season
- MLS awards St. Louis expansion team for 2022 debut
St. Louis Cardinals: John Mozeliak Missed a Cheap Opportunity have 300 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 27, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.