Fairly tumultuous first day of 2017. Black Monday rendered obsolete. Niners blown up. Struggling to keep from breaking down, Denver’s Super Bowl coach told his team he’s walking away. Picking an MVP is impossible; there should be eight of ‘em. Tony Romo stepped on a field for the first time in 57 weeks, and if you blinked, you missed a great moment. The Patriots, starting three quarterbacks this year including a 39-year-old one who is not of this earth, finished a league-best 14-2. Speaking of finishes, Steve Smith finished a career that lasted so long George Seifert coached him as a rookie. The Georgia Dome: finished (in the regular season). Chargers in San Diego: likely finished. Sean Payton: possibly finished … in New Orleans.Nostradamus Rodgers: definitely not finished.An hour after the Packers walked off the field with another NFC North title late Sunday night, I told Aaron Rodgers that no one will ever doubt him again, about anything he chooses to forecast. Not after calling his shot with the Packers 4-6, and saying he thought the team could run the table and go unbeaten the rest of the way and win the NFC North. Then they ran the table. So, I said to Rodgers, obviously, you’ll never be… Read full this story
- Boise State on cusp of its 1st unbeaten MW regular season
- The brutal reality that saw Valentine Holmes quit the NFL for an NRL return
- NFL’s top offense, defense clash as Patriots host Cowboys
- Calls for Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett's Firing Increase Following Loss to Jets
- NFL notebook: Cardinals CB Shaw suspended for betting
- Former NFL Coach Rex Ryan Calls out Cowboys for Being 'Soft'
- NFL Hopes Indefinitely Suspended Myles Garrett Doesn't Miss Games in 2020
- The NFL's highest-paid players by position heading into the 2019 season
- FS1 Analyst Calls for Cowboys to 'Fire Jason Garrett' Now
- Paradise High School Competes For Title One Year After Deadly Camp Fire
SI’s MMQB: A fiery (and firing) ending for the NFL regular season have 314 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 1, 2017. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.