They included the construction of metro lines No. 1, 2, 5, the establishment of a new transport control centre, transport management, flood prevention and water supply.
The programme selection was based on analysis of the city’s current advantages, disadvantages and future opportunities and challenges as well investment decisions approved by the city, according to the municipal project researching group.
The group’s Director Gregor Wessels said the selection and preparation of an action plan for selected programmes plays an important role in developing such a big city as HCM City .
Annual investment for HCM City to develop as a global-level city is estimated to account for 8.1 percent of GDP, he added.
Director of the Ho Chi Minh Institute for Development Studies, Nguyen Trong Hoa said the project is a joint initiative between the city’s leaders, the German Cooperation Agency (GIZ) and Siemens Group, and aims to solidify future development directions for HCM City.
- HCM City announces approved land use master plan
- HCM City keen on boosting partnership with Singapore
- More research needed to sustain smart HCM City: expert
- Japanese firms keen to partner with HCM City to develop urban area
- HCM City steps up smart city development
- Vietnam, US bolster ties in gas power, LNG infrastructure development
- HCM City, UK partner in building smart urban
- HCM City aims to promote retail sector as key economic contributor
- Japanese firms step up win-win cooperation with HCM City partners
- HCM City uses hi-technologies in water supply system