MURRIETA, CA- A Pacific storm is expected to hit Riverside County Thursday with rain and potentially damaging winds. A National Weather Service high wind warning for the mountains, the Coachella Valley and the San Gorgonio Pass zone, which includes the cities of Banning and Desert Hot Springs, will extend from 4 p.m. Thursday to 8 p.m. Friday. West to southwest winds of 20 to 40 miles per hour will be possible, along with gusts of 60 to 75 mph in certain areas. “Winds will become very strong late this afternoon through Friday with gusts to 75 mph on mountain ridge tops and localized gusts to 60 mph on the desert floor,” according to the weather service. Rain is also expected throughout the region. Predicted rainfall amounts include: .14 of an inch in Thermal.25 in Palm Springs.70 in Hemet.77 in Riverside.98 in Temecula1.17 inches in Lake Elsinore1.35 in AnzaAs for Murrieta in particular, here is the local forecast for the next couple days, according to the National Weather Service: This AfternoonA slight chance of showers before 4pm, then rain after 4pm. High near 68. South wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%…. Read full this story
- Calmer day ahead after heavy rain and winds
- Wales Weather: Heavy rain to start the day!
- Weather: Commuters urged to take extra care as heavy rain and winds spread across the country
- East Midlands Weather: Heavy rain followed by showers and gusty winds
- West Midlands Weather: Heavy rain and strong winds tonight
- Commuters in traffic chaos as heavy rain and wind continue
- Wales Weather: Heavy rain overnight!
- West Midlands Weather: Heavy rain then dry and bright, very windy
- East Midlands Weather: Heavy rain to ease
- Pest from the West to bring more heavy rain and wind
Murrieta Weather: Heavy Rain, Damaging Winds Up to 75 MPH Predicted in RivCo have 294 words, post on patch.com at December 15, 2016. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.