Ross Taylor (pictured) shrugged off his eye problems to score a superb unbeaten century as New Zealand set Pakistan a formidable 369-run target to win the second Test today. — Photo thehindu.com Viet Nam News Cricket HAMILTON — Ross Taylor shrugged off his eye problems to score a superb unbeaten century as New Zealand set Pakistan a formidable 369-run target to win the second Test today. Taylor finished 102 not out despite only being cleared to play two days before the Test after scarring on his left eye threatened his vision. He was due to have surgery on Wednesday. New Zealand declared late on the fourth day in Hamilton at 313 for 5 and Pakistan were one without loss after facing three overs before stumps. Both sides vowed there would be no holding back on the final day with Pakistan needing to win to keep their world number two ranking and New Zealand looking to improve on seventh place. “All going well that last session could be really entertaining,” said Taylor, who was pleased he made the decision to play. “There were definitely thoughts going through my mind not to play so it was nice to draw on a bit…
- Harris pick puts renewed focus on Pence, setting up a clash of political, personal opposites
- Abid Ali: 'My target was to bat time and make it easier for the other batsmen'
- Pakistan's greatest haals: a celebration
- Abid Ali optimistic about Pakistan's chances of saving the game
- Can Pakistan light up England's Test season finale?
- Pakistan hopes new laws will lead to removal from watch list
- Taylor Swift Shames ‘Hate’ in Pride Month Song: ‘Why Are You Mad When You Could Be GLAAD?’
- Pakistan's hopes rely on spin duo as Test hangs in balance
- Taylor Swift gives £23,000 to Brit A-Level student, 18, so she can pay university tuition fees
- Lights go out on England’s push for dramatic win against Pakistan
Focused Taylor helps set Pakistan big target have 310 words, post on at November 28, 2016. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.