By Bloomberg Apple Inc. is in negotiations with Sharp Corp. to secure organic LED displays for the iPhone maker’s next-generation of devices, a person familiar with the matter said. Any OLED supply agreement would depend on the Osaka-based company’s output capacity, said the person, who asked not to be identified because talks aren’t public. The discussions stem from Apple’s desire to increase the number of suppliers for OLED screens, according to the person. Earlier Friday, Sharp announced it will invest 57.4 billion yen ($566 million) for the development of OLED production facilities, with the goal of starting output by June 2018. The funds will be used for equipment in Sharp’s factories in Mie and Osaka, and to deliver sample products to customers, the company said in a statement. “Apple has unofficially or as a nod encouraged Sharp to go into it,” said Amir Anvarzadeh, Singapore-based head of Japanese equity sales at BGC Partners Inc., in a phone interview. “Apple’s general strategy is to increase the competition on the supply side, and dilute the risk exposure to one company.” Sharp spokesman Toyodo Uemura declined to comment on specific customers. An Apple spokesperson in Japan didn’t immediately respond to a request for… Read full this story
- China-Based BOE to Supply OLED Panels for iPhone 13 Models
- Apple could reveal a new iPhone-iPad HYBRID at its event next month, rumours suggest
- Apple's new iPhone to take longer to reach customers: Analysts
- Apple’s new iPhone to take longer to reach customers: analysts
- iphone: Here’s how Apple may force you to buy original iPhone 13 screen if you break it
- The New iPhone SE Capitalizes on Google's Pixel 3a Success | Digital Trends
- New iPhone X Plus might be even MORE expensive than expected
- New report claims China leads demand for iPhone 5s over 5c, 78% of new iPhones globally are 5s
- Apple says it's fixing this glaring iPhone 13 and Apple Watch bug — hopefully soon!
- iPhone X support document discusses Super Retina OLED screen off-angle viewing, image persistence
Apple in talks with Sharp to supply OLED screens for new iPhones have 327 words, post on business.mb.com.ph at October 19, 2016. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.