Supercar fan Marchettino happened to be shooting a video at Ferrari's Maranello factory at just the right time, and he caught what might be the 488 Speciale. The model could have had a big surprise, too. While he didn't capture the quote on video, one engineer allegedly told another not to activate the coupe's KERS, Marchettino claimed. If that's true, then there could be another hybrid Ferrari on the horizon. Marchettino is initially certain that the vehicle is a Dino prototype in disguise, but after watching the whole video, a 488 Speciale test mule actually makes a little more sense. As the clip points out, this coupe appears to have extra intakes at the front corners and wider openings at the rear. The changes suggest that that Ferrari wants to get even more cool air into a hotter turbocharged engine. Another big hint to the vehicle's identity is the paper on the dashboard that reads F142M M3. The 488 GTB's internal name is the F142M, so this test mule has some relation to the current coupe. A final potential piece of evidence is the way the engine sounds. Judging the noise from a camera is difficult, but this mill doesn't make a noise like a biturbo V6 that the… Read full this story
- The 2020 Chevrolet C8 Mid-Engine Corvette Has 495 HP And Better Tech Than Ever
- The Homeland Onshore Model - A Domestic Alternative To Offshore Outsourcing
- Workplace Violence - Acknowledge, Anticipate, and Act
- Can Hard Drive Phones KILL THE iPod?
- How to Use the Internet for Group Fundraising
- Attract Buyers With A Home That Has Eye Appeal
- Top Ten Rules For Startup Success
- Ideas on Telecommunications Stocks - Still a Good Investment?
- What Do Successful Kids Really N-E-E-D?
- Why Cheap Knifes Will End Up Costing You More Then Money!
Ferrari 488 mule spotted with KERS tech, potential Speciale model have 306 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 4, 2016. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.