Chechen President and Kremlin ally Ramzan Kadyrov has shocked the Russian opposition by posting an ominous video on his Instagram feed that shows opposition leader Mikhail Kasyanov in a sniper’s crosshairs.Kasyanov leads Russia’s Parnas party, which he co-chaired with Boris Nemtsov until Nemtsov was mysteriously shot near the Kremlin last year. Nemtsov’s killers are suspected to be a group of Chechen men, one of whom served in the region’s law enforcement agencies, which answer to Kadyrov. Last month Kadyrov announced opposition figures should be tried as enemies of the state and days later his parliamentary speaker posted a photo of Kadyrov with an attack dog, claiming the dog’s “teeth were itching.”In his latest Instagram post, Kadyrov posted footage of Kasyanov who appears to be talking to people in the French city of Strasbourg, with the sight of a sniper rifle superimposed on him. The uncharacteristically short caption accuses Kasyanov of having “arrived in Strasbourg to get money for the Russian opposition.”In an even more ominous turn, Kadyrov also wrote in all capitals: “Those who have not understood will get it.” Kasyanov has turned to the police and called on Russian President Vladimir Putin, whom Kadyrov considers a hero, to condemn… Read full this story
- Belarus' Exiled Leader on Protests and the End to Lukashenko's Putin-backed Dictatorship
- Russian Dissident Alexei Navalny Accuses Vladimir Putin of Poisoning Him
- Merkel says she's taking care of herself. But what should we know about a leader's health?
- Trump fires agency head who vouched for 2020 vote security
- Would you walk down 'Certain Death Alley'? The 'humanitarian corridor' Syrians are too scared to walk down to flee bombed-out Aleppo because it is plagued by snipers
- Russia Military Blasts Targets Near U.S. Troops, North Korea and China
- Putin: ‘It’s Obvious’ America Struggles with Democracy
- EU Brexit negotiator Barnier says Chequers plan 'illegal'
- Brexit rebels deny plot to oust Prime Minister Theresa May
- 'No deal' Brexit means bad news for ferrets, airlines and Scotch
Chechen Head Kadyrov Puts Russian Opposition Leader in Sniper Scope have 327 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 1, 2016. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.