Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak [official site] is a prequel to the legendary Homeworld space real-time strategy games, but this time – heresy! – set on land, as the Kushan race battle angry clans to reclaim ancient technologies found on the sandy planet they currently call home. While some of its developers (including studio boss and former Relic art lead Rob Cunningham) worked on the original games, this first began life as the unrelated ‘Hardware: Shipbreakers’, before morphing into the free to play multiplayer ‘Homeworld: Shipbreakers’ and then finally to the traditionally-sold, singleplayer and multiplayer package it is now. Deserts of Kharak has some bloody big boots to fill – can it possibly manage it? Note: This piece primarily focuses on the solo campaign, as there wasn’t much multiplayer to be had pre-release. I do admire the wanton self-destructiveness of taking one of the most quintessential space games then removing space from it. As well as being mischievous, hopefully it also speaks to a determination to only take Homeworld to space again once they’re sure they can do it absolutely right. Deserts of Kharak, you see, is a landlubbing prequel to Relic’s much-loved Homeworld series, starring giant sandcrawlers and assorted buggies,… Read full this story
- Teen, 15, triumphs in Moroccan desert challenge -- on an e-bike
- Desert Edge: Is the controversial education center officially dead?
- Oregon Desert Trail is just that, complete with canyons and rattlesnakes
- New owners of Desert of Maine promising big changes
- Freeport couple hope to heat up Desert of Maine
- New breweries open in Chandler and Gilbert: Helluva and Desert Monks
- Micah Bowens powers Bishop Gorman to Desert Region title
- Melvin Dummar dead: Supposedly rescued Howard Hughes in Nevada desert
- Louisville food deserts: Food bank, Kroger make mobile store
- Stories of migrants' desert crossings told in the items left behind
Wot I Think – Homeworld: Deserts Of Kharak have 294 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at January 21, 2016. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.