ABUJA — Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday promised to launch a new investigation into the April 2014 kidnapping of more than 200 schoolgirls by Boko Haram Islamists, after an emotional meeting with some of the parents. “I assure you that I go to bed and wake up every day with the Chibok girls on my mind,” Buhari was quoted as saying in a statement from the presidency. Some 300 parents and sympathisers, many of them crying, had earlier marched through Abuja carrying signs with the faces of the missing girls before being taken in buses for an audience with Buhari at his official residence. It was the first time the BringBackOurGirls protest group had met Buhari since he declared in December that the extremists were “technically” defeated, despite warnings from security analysts the war was far from over. “Where is my daughter? I want my daughter back no matter the condition she is in,” Iyana Galan said. “Even if she is dead I want to see her body,” she said, choking back tears. A total of 276 teenagers were seized from their dormitories at the school in Chibok, in the north-eastern state of Borno, on April 14, 2014. Fifty-seven girls…
- Nigerian President Refused Immediate Help to Find Missing Girls
- Nigerian President: Location of Kidnapped Schoolgirls Unknown
- Nigeria’s President-Elect: I Cannot Promise That We Can Find Abducted Girls
- Will the New Nigerian President Be Any Better at Suppressing Boko Haram?
- Nigeria's Accidental President Promises Reform
- The American Presidency
- About Putin and His New Boo
- Nigerian Schoolgirl Abductions: Here’s What We Know
- Amina Ali, Recovered Chibok Schoolgirl, Meets With Nigeria’s President
- Boko Haram Releases New Video Allegedly Showing Missing Nigerian Schoolgirls
Nigerian president promises new probe after meeting parents of Chibok girls have 268 words, post on at January 15, 2016. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.