BMW has added IFTTT support to iDrive, which will now allow owners to chain various triggers to actions together through the free IFTTT service. If you already use IFTTT in your daily lives, you’ll probably realise the incredible amount of potential this has. IFTTT (If This, Then That) allows you to create “Recipes” which combine various “Triggers” with associated “Actions”. IFTTT waits for “Triggers” to happen and performs the appropriate “Action”. Your BMW will be able to provide both Triggers and Actions to IFTTT. Imagine the possibilities – using your BMW as a Trigger for example, the outside lighting of your home as well as your living room’s air conditioning can be configured switched on automatically when their BMW approaches it, assuming your lights and air conditioning is hooked up to a smart home system that supports IFTTT. Another possibility is for you to set your BMW exceeding a certain speed limit as a Trigger, and get IFTTT to send you an SMS or email as an action, so you’ll know immediately if your child is speeding in your BMW. If you want to add some drama to your life, perhaps get IFTTT to change your Phillips Hue living room… Read full this story
- Vietnam is BMW’s significant market in ASEAN
- Ireland in chaos as bailout triggers election
- Being green means actions not words
- World awaits action after US rejects bailout
- Vietnam's Automobile Market Heating Up
- Should imported vehicles remain tax free for expats?
- Nintendo Wii U review
- Something to chew on
- Silent killer: Sweltering planet braces for deadly heat shocks
- China’s illegal placement of Haiyang Shiyou-981 oil rig in the exclusive economic zone and continental shelf of Vietnam
BMW iDrive gets IFTTT – both Triggers and Actions have 276 words, post on paultan.org at January 24, 2016. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.