LOS ANGELES: NFL quarterback Peyton Manning hit back angrily on Sunday (Monday in Manila) at allegations in an Al-Jazeera documentary linking him to performance-enhancing drugs. The five-time NFL Player of the Year, interviewed by ESPN at the Broncos’ facility in Denver, said he didn’t understand how the report was published when a key source had already recanted statements saying human growth hormone had been shipped from an Indianapolis anti-aging clinic to the player’s household in 2011. “I’m not sure I understand how someone can make something up about somebody, admit that he made it up and yet somehow it’s published in a story,” Manning said. “I don’t understand that. “It’s completely fabricated, complete trash, garbage. There’s more adjectives I’d like to be able to use. It really makes me sick.” Asked if he had ever used HGH or any other performance-enhancing drugs, Manning said: “Absolutely not.” The report titled “The Dark Side” was available on Al-Jazeera America’s website Sunday morning and set to air on television later in the day. In it, British hurdler Liam Collins went undercover to expose the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sport. As part of his probe Collins met with Charles Sly, described as a… Read full this story
- London shooting – Man blasted with ‘machine gun’ and another knifed on city’s streets in night of bloodshed
- Peyton Manning Denies Claim In Court Filings That Peyton Manning Was Source For Peyton Manning PED Allegations
- Man, 41, stabbed outside Casualty star’s Chelsea flat on millionaire’s row ‘cried out for his three children with dying breath’
- Aliso Viejo explosion: Charge dropped against man arrested on suspicion of having ‘explosive device’
- Under current Indian government, religious minority communities feel increasingly vulnerable: US report
- Female reporter groped during a live World Cup broadcast
- Man accused of explosion, shooting that killed Long Beach fire captain to appear in court next week
- The Baseball Report: MLB Participates In NYC Pride Parade
- Johanna Konta blasts 'violating' anti-doping requirements amidst Serena Williams' 'targeted treatment'
- Kim Jong-un 'blasts workers at factories for not working hard enough'
Incensed Manning blasts doping report have 344 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at December 28, 2015. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.