Just as computer shoppers often decide between a Windows PC, Mac and Chromebook, you’ve got a choice to make when looking for a new smartphone: Apple’s iOS, Android, Windows and BlackBerry.While there are many similarities, each operating system has a different look and feel. App selection could vary greatly. And so can the price and form factor.Choice is good, but it can also be overwhelming. How do you know which phone will best suit your needs?We can help.The following is a closer look at the features of each major platform. iOSOut of all of the phones available, iPhone – which runs Apple’s iOS operating system – is probably the easiest to use. If you’re not very tech savvy, this one is for you.Simply tap an icon to launch an app (program) and swipe left or right on the screen to see additional apps. Swipe down to search for something or swipe up to access settings, like screen brightness and volume.Press and hold the circle button to talk to Siri, a voice-activated personal assistant.That circular Home button on iPhone can also read your unique fingerprint. Called Touch ID, this feature makes it easy to log into your phone, purchase apps and… Read full this story
- The smartphone is our era's cigarette – and just as hard to quit
- DXOMark crowns the Mate 30 Pro 5G as the new king of smartphone cameras
- Realme 5 Pro: A ‘dare-to-leap’ smartphone experience
- HTC is dead and Samsung is king: Smartphone manufacturers that won and lost 2019
- Millennials only truly own half of what they use and have the rest on 'tick'
- Galaxy's Edge is a Star Wars fantasy — and what Disney does best
- Filming an emergency on your phone or camera? Know your rights before you press record
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Review: The Smartphone that makes you sit up and take Note
- Nokia Lumia 1020 review: it's a phone, it's a camera - what a camera
- Nexus 5 review: the best Android smartphone going
What’s the right smartphone for you? have 326 words, post on www.usatoday.com at November 23, 2015. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.