With 3D Touch, iOS effectively unlocked a new dimension in which users can interact with the UI of their iPhone 6s and 6s Plus devices. As you’re probably aware, 3D Touch allows you to quickly access a handful of vital app shortcuts or other crucial UI elements by exerting force onto the display. Well, apart from the majority of stock iOS apps, a large amount of third-party ones have already scored support for the agile feature (actually, here is a list of the 10 more popular ones). The latest addition to this list is one of the more popular messaging services around – WhatsApp. The messenger app now allows you to hard-press its icon and access two of its most often used features – Search for a contact and start a new chat.We did not notice any other additions to the app’s interface. There doesn’t seem to be a quick reply feature of sorts added to the heads-up notifications, either.In related news, all users of jailbroken iOS 9 devices can now employ a somewhat similar functionality on their devices thanks to a Cydia mod, logically dubbed “Forcy”. You can read more about it here.
- Google Search App for iOS gains Gboard, trending widget & 3D Touch
- The 3D Touch Surface Display Is Coming Soon To A Car Near You
- Wow, a 3D Kama Sutra App Now Exists
- Satisfying, but not so reliable: Tesla Model 3 joins ranks of enthusiast cars
- Michigan joins ranks of states allowing use of dental therapists
- Maserati joins ranks of EV holdouts among exotic automakers
- This Week in Gaming Apps Has Nothing to Do With Mass... Dammit, Shepard!
- Our Favorite Apps This Month: July 2018
- Our Favorite Apps of the Month for July 2018
- The Violence in This Week in Gaming Apps is Simply Enthralling. Appalling. I Meant Appalling.
WhatsApp joins the ranks of 3D Touch-enabled apps for iOS have 307 words, post on www.phonearena.com at October 16, 2015. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.