Trekkies who are impatiently awaiting the arrival of Star Trek Beyond will have to wait a few more weeks. Paramount Pictures has shifted the sequel’s release date from July 8, 2016 to July 22, 2016. A two-week shift may seem inconsequential, but, this shift means you’ll have a better chance of seeing the movie in the IMAX format next summer. Deadline reports that Warner Bros. has secured every IMAX theater for the release of Tarzan on July 1, 2016, which would have meant that Star Trek Beyond couldn’t get an IMAX release. Shifting the release to July 22 means there will be an IMAX release for this Star Trek sequel, but it isn’t known if Paramount plans on securing every IMAX theater or not. Whether or not this will impact the box office results remains to be seen, but the strategy has already worked on a different movie. Paramount employed the same release strategy with the summer blockbuster Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation. The studio moved the release up five months from a Christmas Day release to July 31, to take advantage of more open IMAX theaters. The move paid off, with Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation pulling in $189.2 million domestically… Read full this story
- 'Star Trek Beyond' collectible toys coming from Funko
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' finally has an actual trailer (!!!)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gameplay details, release date, trailer and everything we know
- Game of Thrones final season: Release date, cast and theories
- '5-25-77' is like 'Dazed and Confused' for Star Wars geeks
- Orange Is The New Black cast confirm they have finished filming the final season as they share behind-the-scenes photos
- Exclusive: J.J. Abrams on Star Wars, Apple, and building Bad Robot into a Hollywood force
- All the Best Sci-Fi TV and Movies Coming to Comic-Con 2019
- The 6 Winners (and 5 Losers) of San Diego Comic-Con 2019
- Will Interstellar inspire a new space race?
Star Trek 3 Gets a New Release Date have 306 words, post on movieweb.com at September 18, 2015. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.