The first moments of a survival game, when it’s good, are as exciting as they are disorientating. There are whole worlds full of potential, stretching as far as the eye can see. Mountains to climb and mine, creatures to hunt and run away from bravely, gargantuan lists of things to craft – how on earth do you choose what to do first? In Empyrion, you’re dumped on an alien world, broken down escape pod next to you, and the answer to that all important question is simple: don’t suffocate. Omicron, the aforementioned alien world where I found myself, is so alien that humans can’t even breath the atmosphere. It’s not a world where humans are meant to live – it’s as foreign as a place can be, and if your oxygen runs out, you’re done for. Even now, after hours of exploring and building, where I’m at the point where I’ve got a bunch of convenient machines that almost make my base self-sustaining, I still need to watch my oxygen levels. Omicron will never become my world. Thus my relationship with the planet will always be tense, but it also makes every moment outside of my base exhilarating, as I play… Read full this story
- What it's like to have a baby in Zone 1
- 2018 Citroen Berlingo review: is this the perfect family car?
- Virat Kohli's ton sets England 521 to win, before Alastair Cook and Keaton Jennings deny India early scalp
- WATCH: Is this the most powerful iPhone ever? A review of the Xs and Xs Max
- Man whose life was saved by village defibrillator backs national map of the devices
- The man struggling to exorcize Leopold’s ghost
- How to survive your first 24 hours in prison
- Manson: The Lost Tapes are a sickening glimpse inside a twisted cult
- Chris Woakes and Jonny Bairstow combine to put England in complete control against India at Lord's
- Just Cause 4: Is Square Enix's biggest sandbox yet also its most impressive?
Empyrion - Galactic Survival Early Access review: No Man's Sky and Space Engineers had a baby have 326 words, post on www.pcgamesn.com at August 14, 2015. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.