The stranger who wrote to Lisa Daugherty had a simple question. Were the grisly details she had read about the death of Lisa’s daughter, Jessica Chambers, true? If they were, it might help solve Jessica’s murder, she explained to Lisa in a Facebook message:“She was so burnt, her fingers were gone, her skin was crisp and falling off, her tongue was gone and she died alone wandering for help which arrived too late.”Lisa read the woman’s message aloud to me off her laptop screen in her soft Mississippi drawl. It was late May, nearly six months since Lisa’s 19-year-old daughter was burned alive in her 2005 Kia Rio on a rural road two miles from home. Lisa was spending the afternoon as she has most days since: curled up on her couch in the dark, chain-smoking and chatting with people on the internet who are obsessed with Jessica’s still-unsolved murder.The stranger’s message didn’t faze Lisa, who was dressed in faded jeans and a pink “Justice for Jessica” T-shirt, even though it was not only grotesque but also incorrect. Lisa has heard much, much worse, both fact and fiction, since the night she sat next to her unconscious daughter, who was… Read full this story
- 'I am shocked, heartbroken, and devastated': Armie Hammer's estranged wife Elizabeth Chambers posts her first Instagram since disturbing 'cannibalism and rape' allegations and says 'I didn't realize how much I didn't know'
- Armie Hammer's estranged wife Elizabeth Chambers breaks her silence following 'leaked cannibalism and rape messages'
- Justin Timberlake says the Internet won't let him forget about THAT iconic double denim red carpet look with ex Britney Spears after 20 years
- Armie Hammer's estranged wife Elizabeth Chambers breaks her silence on controversy; extends support to victims of assault
- EXCLUSIVE: Explicit messages and audio recordings reveal Armie Hammer complaining about being 'kink shamed by the internet,' boasting about his sexual prowess and claiming that women are offering to let him 'eat pieces of them'
- Sequins and Push-up Bras: How Jessica Chastain Became Molly Bloom
- Covid-19 vaccine rollout puts a spotlight on unequal internet access
- House members face $10,000 fines from today for trying to evade metal detectors put up to stop Republicans carrying guns into the chamber
- Isle of Man braces for 'freedom weekend' blowout with crowds set to descend on island's pubs and bars after lockdown rules were lifted - as police warn revellers not too 'drink too much' and do something 'you'll regret'
- India cuts internet around New Delhi as protesting farmers clash with police
Who Set Jessica Chambers On Fire? The Internet Is Trying To Find Out have 419 words, post on www.buzzfeed.com at June 25, 2015. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.