Smallest Mac, big power Apple's latest desktop is the cheapest ever. Starting at $500, the Mac mini is so inexpensive that it can easily power your day-to-day needs. Go a little higher-end and this itty-bitty Mac makes for the perfect home computer, whether you plan on keeping it there or not. Oh, and it's absolutely brilliant for remote use, too. Image: James Pikover, Mashable Machined perfection Clean and sleek, the Mac mini is machined to a fine point while still remaining tiny. Even with the small frame it's still more powerful than the standard MacBook Air, for half the price. Image: James Pikover, Mashable Plenty of ports The Mac mini comes with a slew of ports, including four USB 3.0, two Thunderbolt, HDMI, Ethernet, audio jacks, and an SD card slot. Notably missing: a DVI connector. Image: James Pikover, Mashable Upgradeable no more The Mac mini may be square, but it sits on a round disk to help expel heat and to keep the computer slightly elevated from a surface. You can’t upgrade the RAM anymore, though. Image: James Pikover, Mashable Retina-ready The Mac mini fully supports 4K monitors, but if you have one, you probably don't want to use… Read full this story
- New Mac Mini unveiled at Apple Event 2018 - price and specs
- Review: The Mac mini takes the Ivy Bridge to Fusion Town
- The Latest iPad Mini Is Back at Its Lowest Amazon Price Ever
- Best Mac 2020: the best Macs to buy this year
- Best workstations of 2020: top powerful PCs for professionals
- Mini-review: Apple’s new Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2, and Magic Trackpad 2
- iPad, iPhone & Mac sales go up in India
- The best iPad 2020: is the iPad Air, Mini or Pro the best for you?
- The best cheap MacBook Pro deals, prices and sales in January 2020
- Best PC power supply 2020: top PSUs for your PC
The latest Mac mini is low-priced, but doesn't skimp on power have 309 words, post on mashable.com at March 1, 2015. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.