A writer and editor turned game developer who has previously worked for websites such as Destructoid and the Escapist, TechRaptor was lucky enough to talk to Allistair Pinsof for a series of interviews about the current state of the gaming media. First up in this series we catch up, talk about Allistair’s opinions on the current state of the gaming media and the recent firings at his old media sites. Disclaimer: Allistair’s interview had been re-arranged into sections, with Allistair’s permission, to make for more manageable reading. No edits have been made to the interview save for spelling and grammar. All views are the interviewee’s own and not necessarily shared by TechRaptor. TR: Firstly, introduce yourself and tell us what you are up to at the moment.I used to write for various publications, most notably independent game site Destructoid as Features Editor, and now I awkwardly write about myself in interview introductions, apparently. After departing from journalism, I began learning to code with web development in mind. It quickly dawned on me that it wasn’t for me and the obvious suddenly presented itself: Make a game. So, I spent a year teaching myself to code and make art (never even… Read full this story
- Boris Berezovsky was an 'evil genius', says Russia's state-owned media
- Julian Assange: Ecuador and Sweden in tense standoff over interview
- Interview: Jody Leheup and Nathan Fox Delve Into the Mad Future of 'The Weatherman'
- Fewer opportunities for state-educated actors, says Charles Dance
- Edo APC crisis: Obahiagbon blows hot, says Obaseki unleashed ‘deprecable gambit of state terrorism’ on Oshiomhole
- Hong Kong pro-democracy media mogul Jimmy Lai arrested for 'illegal assembly' over 2019 protest
- The best games that never received sequels
- Tom Watson: News Corp operated like 'shadow state'
- U.S. says to reduce employees at Chinese media; China hints of response
- Reflecting On Visceral Games' Closure: Condrey Gets Candid About The Gaming Industry
Our Interview with Allistair Pinsof Part 1 – The State of Gaming Media have 312 words, post on techraptor.net at February 3, 2015. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.