The 87th annual Academy Awards were announced over the weekend, and although this year’s ceremony was short on major surprises, the night did feature a few unexpected winners.First and foremost among the night’s big winners was Birdman, director Alejandro G. Iñárritu’s celebrated film about a washed-up former superhero movie actor played by Michael Keaton who attempts to redeem himself and his career by writing, directing, and starring in a Broadway production of a Raymond Carver short story. Along with winning the Best Picture category (which most industry observers had viewed as a two-movie competition between Birdman and Boyhood), Birdman also earned Iñárritu an Oscar in the Best Director category.Birdman also earned an Oscar for Iñárritu and co-writers Alexander Dinelaris, Nicolas Giacobone, and Armando Bo in the Best Writing (Original Screenplay) category, as well as a Best Cinematography award for Emmanuel Lubezki — likely due to the film’s innovative use of a perceived “single take” visual style.The race for Best Actor in a Leading Role was expected to come down to Keaton or The Theory of Everything star Eddie Redmayne, and it was the latter’s portrayal of British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking that won him the award. In contrast, Still Alice star Julianne Moore was widely perceived a shoo-in for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and the Oscar committee didn’t surprise anyone… Read full this story
- The Amazing Hotel Towel
- Your Wedding - Decisions, Decisions
- Cape Winelands Scenic Flights - Alluvia Boutique Winery
- Top 5 Hottest Miami Clubs
- Is the Last Game of Quiditch Over for Harry Potter?
- Las Vegas VIP Nightclub Tours
- Hollywood, Aliens, And A Christmas Story - Modern Pop Culture Images Of Hungarians in the US
- From Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves to Dictators, Gymnasts, and Orphans - Images of Romanians
- AU Summit 2007 - Praise Ghana, Alleluia!
- Swim with the Sharks or Sleep with the Fishes: The Marketing Wisdom of The Godfather
Birdman and The Grand Budapest Hotel win big at the 87th Oscars ceremony have 317 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 23, 2015. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.