Virgin Galactic’s experimental commercial spaceflight vehicle crashed after experiencing an “in-flight anomaly” during a test flight on Friday. One person was killed and another was suffered serious injuries. See also: More than 700 Virgin Galactic ticket holders are left wondering what’s next SpaceShipTwo took off with two pilots on board at 12:20 p.m. ET from Mojave, California in a powered test flight that the company called a “Halloween treat.” But less than an hour later, the company tweeted that something had gone wrong. First images of @virgingalactic #SpaceShipTwo debris site starting to come out via @ABC7 chopper pic.twitter.com/HS27QrKw03 — Mashable News (@MashableNews) October 31, 2014 Virgin Galactic confirmed the loss of the spaceship but has given no other details about the cause of the accident, which occurred in the desert northeast of Los Angeles. SpaceShipTwo was running on a new fuel formulation, and officials said it had been “proven and tested on the ground” four times. PHOTOS: Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo accident http://t.co/NONMPVCMrW pic.twitter.com/kO5i5aWzN4 — ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) October 31, 2014 The incident occurred shortly after SpaceShipTwo separated from WhiteKnightTwo, which is the vehicle that carries the spaceship aloft. The WhiteKnightTwo landed safely. Kevin Mickey of Scale Composites, the aerospace… Read full this story
- Nasa shares photo of ‘flying saucer’ that crash-landed in the Utah desert… but is all as it seems?
- Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Preview
- Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns Preview
- PUBG New Miramar Desert Map Review: What Does It Have To Offer?
- Premature Evaluation: Empyrion – Galactic Survival
- Wot I Think – Homeworld: Deserts Of Kharak
- Premature Evaluation: Galactic Junk League
- Galactic Starfighter welcomes everyone to The Old Republic's space battles today
- Sol Searching: Being A Galactic Robot Dad In Stellaris
- Empyrion - Galactic Survival Early Access review: No Man's Sky and Space Engineers had a baby
Virgin Galactic spaceship crashes in desert, killing 1 have 299 words, post on mashable.com at October 31, 2014. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.