An Ohio church run by a self-proclaimed prophet is being likened to a cult where men are forced to get vasectomies and women abortions, and where child molesters run rampant. In the first two parts of a cringe-worthy, six-part report by The Akron Beacon Journal, televangelist Ernest Angley is described by some of 21 former members as a closeted-homosexual Jim Jones who’s turned a blind eye to sexual abuse. The 93-year-old, addressing such claims to the Journal, doesn’t see it that way. “I’m not a homosexual. God wouldn’t use a homosexual like he uses me. He calls me his prophet, and indeed I am,” Angley told the Journal of the allegations against him, which he likened to Jesus. The allegations stem not only from several former church members’ claims to the paper of personal abuse but also Angley’s acknowledged encouragement to his male followers to undergo vasectomies — procedures he says he personally has a hand in monitoring. I’m not a homosexual. God wouldn’t use a homosexual like he uses me. He calls me his prophet, and indeed I am. “I would look at them, their privates — I, so I could tell how they were swelling,” he told the… Read full this story
- At least 11 priests accused of sexually abusing children in Colorado report are still alive. Where are they now?
- Air Force general charged with sexual assault
- Global child sex abuse network uncovered with ties to US
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden wins Arizona, confers with Dem leaders; Trump tweets
- The Guardian view on the Rotherham child abuse scandal: no excuse
- UK Child Abuse Inquiry Refuses to Investigate Pakistani Grooming Gangs
- China Accuses U.S. of Human Rights Abuses at U.N.
- 12 steps to surviving an abusive partner during the pandemic
- Pope John Paul II KNEW of extensive teen boy sex abuse allegations against Theodore McCarrick but still elevated him to D.C. Archbishop and Cardinal, Vatican report reveals
- Texas Bishop Decries Support for Pro-Abortion Biden-Harris Administration
Ohio pastor forced vasectomies, abortions on members while children were secretly sexually abused: report have 327 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 13, 2014. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.