When former Council Speaker Christine Quinn made a surprise appearance for the Women’s Equality Party last week at City Hall, she immediately became the star of the show. It wasn’t just a cameo appearance: Over the past two months, Quinn has been making a soft launch back into politics, playing a key role behind the scenes and in public to help an old political ally — Gov. Cuomo. Quinn, who has kept a low profile since losing the mayoral race last fall, was tapped by Cuomo to organize the women’s party, which the governor formed this summer to energize female voters. She told the Daily News in an exclusive interview that she was eager to support Cuomo, citing his push to legalize gay marriage in New York State. “For me, this is a great opportunity to help a friend who I think is amazing and one that has done things that have made my personal life better,” said Quinn, who married her longtime partner Kim Catullo a year after same-sex marriage became legal in 2011. She is working intensively with the governor’s longtime political aide Joe Percoco and deputy campaign manager Leah Gonzalez to support the women’s party — and… Read full this story
- Mayor de Blasio condemns Gov. Cuomo for alleged threats against Working Families Party: 'That's not the way to do things'
- Cynthia Nixon wins Working Families Party leaders' backing against Cuomo
- As the 2019 Women's March Dawns and the DNC and Others Pull Support, Tamika Mallory and Co-Leaders Confront the Divide Within
- The challenge Cuomo deserves: As the Working Families Party cracks up, Cynthia Nixon threatens
- Cynthia Nixon schools Andrew Cuomo on how not to pander to women
- Cynthia Nixon reluctantly praises Democratic primary rival Cuomo for legalizing gay marriage
- Cynthia Nixon hits back at claim de Blasio planned her election run, calls it 'sexist' talk
- Working Families Party progressives, liberated from Cuomo and conventional politics
- Wyoming Legislator: “Unlike a Clothing Purchase, Women Can’t Change Their Minds About an Abortion”
- Cynthia Nixon blasts Cuomo as 'corporate Democrat' in speech praised by DNC vice chair
EXCLUSIVE: Christine Quinn talks about work organizing Women’s Equality Party for Gov. Cuomo have 341 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 25, 2014. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.