Ray Davies has responded to comments from his brother, Dave, who told Rolling Stone there was a possibility that the Kinks would play shows to celebrate their 50th anniversary.Speaking to Uncut, Ray Davies said, “I’ve heard about the article but I haven’t read it. I saw Dave a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned the idea of doing a tour. I said, ‘Yeah, but you’re the guy who keeps saying it’ll never happen.’“I don’t understand where this new line, this new tack, has come from.“But he’s a great player. Whenever I write a song, I think of how it could be improved by having him on it, and what his power chords would bring to it.“I don’t know what next year will bring. Let’s see if he’s polite to me the next time we meet.”That the two Davies brothers are talking and meeting once again is a major development in their relationship. For years it is believed they communicated only by fax and email, as neither was prepared to risk a potentially highly volatile meeting. In separate interviews with Uncut in 2012, the brothers admitted that they currently had no direct contact with each other whatsoever, and didn’t expect… Read full this story
- One Direction’s ten-year celebration will NOT include reunion with new music
- 'Pay me what I’m worth': Viola Davis' 2018 speech demanding equality in Hollywood goes viral and is shared by Naomi Campbell, Octavia Spencer, and Gabrielle Union
- Q&A: Jenny McGown celebrates one-year anniversary as Klein ISD superintendent
- Corrie's older characters to start filming again 'by the autumn', says Bill Roache
- Jordana Brewster, 40, of Fast & Furious fame says she was pressured in her 20s to look sexy for men's magazines: 'It was all about being in a bikini'
- Portland mayor demands Trump REMOVE his 'personal army' of federal agents after 50th night of unrest as video shows BLM protester being arrested by mysterious masked men and forced into an unmarked minivan
- Liam Payne's fake FaceTime call with Harry Styles teases One Direction reunion
- Emma Bunton, 44, throws Spice Girls reunion into doubt by revealing she wants a third child
- Denise Van Outen's mysterious allegation against Johnny Vaughan amid bitter reunion
- John Legend Says 'It’s Almost Impossible for a Black Artist to Win Album of the Year' at the Grammys: Is He Right?
Kinks 50th anniversary reunion: “Let’s see,” says Ray Davies have 392 words, post on www.uncut.co.uk at September 26, 2013. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.