Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is a cloud computing service model. As is the case with all cloud computing models of business, IaaS provides access to computing resources in a cloud-based environment. In the case of IaaS, the computing resources provided are virtualized hardware, or a computing infrastructure. Such product offerings range from virtual servers to network connections to load balancers. The core concept of IaaS The main appeal behind any cloud computing service is that the hardware and software used is virtualized. The hardware resources used in IaaS are pulled from multiple servers and networks located across multiple offsite data centers, and maintained independently of the company using the service. An organization simply pays a monthly fee to use these resources as needed internally, and the cloud host is responsible for ensuring the ongoing care of the hardware and virtualized services. The benefits of IaaS IaaS caters to the same consumer mentality as with two other service models — Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) — namely that these services can be used by businesses to create cost-effective and easily-scalable methods of creating IT solutions. The complexities and expenses commonly associated with an IT… Read full this story
- Case study: Offis overhauls storage to boost IaaS cloud service
- Oracle adds dozens of new cloud platform, infrastructure services
- Directory: Data center infrastructure services vendors in Asia
- Directory: Data center infrastructure services vendors in EMEA
- Oracle adds monthly on-demand option for cloud infrastructure service
- Xerox jumps into SMB cloud infrastructure services fray
- Rackspace ramps up managed cloud services as IaaS competition starts to bite
- Microsoft starts making more of its Azure cloud services generally available
- IaaS in 2016: Who can challenge Amazon?
- AWS, Microsoft seen rated top dogs in IaaS in Gartner's Magic Quadrant
What is IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)? have 299 words, post on www.businessnewsdaily.com at August 1, 2013. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.