With news that the 2014 Chevrolet Volt will cost $5,000 less than the previous model, cruising around in the green zone appears to be getting a whole lot cheaper.Following some earlier speculation that the new Volt (above) could cost up to $10,000 less than the 2013 model as indicated in a May report, Chevy has announced that that the 2014 model will start at $34,995 with the same amount of content, which includes an $810 destination fee — excluding the extras like tax, title, license and dealer fees.It’s not exactly that mouth-watering $10,000 off many were holding out for. But it definitely makes it easier to roll into the plug-in hybrid, which has an EPA of 38 miles of gas-free driving and an extended engine range of 380 miles, according to a GM release. In fact, with federal tax credits that can go up to $7,500, pricing for the Volt could start at $27,495, says GM.The BMW i3 touts an impressive 80-100 mile range and a hefty $41,350 sticker price to go along with it.The lower pricing for the new Volt, which will be available in dealerships late this summer, follows a growing trend in the industry as automakers look to entice… Read full this story
- Kia Soul EV Wins The ‘2020 World Urban Car Of The Year’ Award
- The best cheap cameras for 2020, from point-and-shoots to DSLRs
- The best external hard drives for the Xbox One
- The best cheap Bluetooth speaker deals and sales for April 2020
- Britain's draconian coronavirus lockdown could be eased when fewer than 50 new cases are recorded each day for a fortnight, top scientist suggests
- Kia Telluride Wins The ‘2020 World Car Of The Year’ Award: Beats Two Mazda Models In The Final Round
- Best cheap drones to get you up in the air
- The best cheap Windows laptops and Chromebooks you can get now under $500
- Investment funds: Is Terry Smith the new Warren Buffet?
- The best cheap Dell laptop deals for April 2020
Cheap to drive and finally cheap to own: Comparing the new crop of affordable EVs have 310 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at August 11, 2013. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.