Advertisement Imagine if you could print out three-dimensional objects straight from a printer in your home. When I was a kid in primary school, I thought it would be awesome if I could print pizzas out of my InkJet. That’s not where I’m heading in this article, but it’s an interesting thought–printing out three-dimensional objects, that is. It sounds like borderline science-fiction, and for a long time, it was. Not anymore.The process is (not surprisingly) called 3D printing. Like traditional printing, which takes a blank piece of paper and creates two-dimensional images and text out of seemingly nowhere, 3D printing creates fully realized objects out of nothing. It’s a fascinating procedure that can be useful in a number of fields.Last year, James determined that 3D printing is no longer a myth 3D Printing – Sci-Fi Myth Or Reality? 3D Printing – Sci-Fi Myth Or Reality? A mainstay of sci-fi since the genre began, the idea of being able to create your own objects at home is understandably quite fascinating. Who hasn’t dreamed of having their own replicator that makes cookies… Read More or farfetched idea. Just in the last 12 months, he’s been proven correct: 3D printing is just getting… Read full this story
- How A 3D Printed Heart Model Saved A 14-Month-Old Boy's Life
- The 10 crucial business books that explain why modern capitalism works the way it does now
- How ‘Uber for truckers’ Cargomatic burned through $15 million as it quietly pivoted away from being a tech company at all
- 25 companies that are revolutionizing retail
- From Note 4 To Note Edge, Everything Samsung Announced At Its Unpacked 2014
What Is 3D Printing And How Exactly Does It Work? have 269 words, post on www.makeuseof.com at August 31, 2012. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.