President Obama’s political opponents have seized upon his support of alternative energies to fault his administration for rising gas prices. Today, the President fought back, assailing his critics as being myopic members of a “flat earth society.” It’s a presidential election year, and President Obama is presiding over a fragile economic recovery. Wages are stagnent, and rising gas prices have become a bread and butter issue for Americans. Republican presidential prospects took notice of the President’s falling approval numbers, which correspond with prices at the pump. The Republicans have laid the blame squarely on President Obama, and have ridiculed his steadfast focus on an energy mix that includes renewable energy sources as well as energy efficiency. Here are some examples of what’s being said: Mitt Romney: joked that Obama would put windmills on cars, and accused the President of living in an “imaginary” world where clean energy powers everything. Romney had called for action on climate change as recently as 2010. New Gingrich: suggested that Air Force One be fueled by algae, accused Obama of being in “cloud cucckoo land,” and deemed alternative energy sources to be “leftist” technologies. He promised US$2.50 gas prices if elected. Rick Santorum: rejects science as a hoax, having stated,… Read full this story
- Obama seeks steeper emissions cuts from power plants
- The Left/Right Convergence on Dissing Obama
- Trump Will Overturn Obama’s ‘Permanent’ Arctic Offshore Drilling Ban
- House Dems Look To Bring One Of Obama’s Biggest Anti-Coal Goals Back To Life
- EXCLUSIVE: It’s party time at Standing Rock: Dakota Access protests turn to wild celebrations after the Obama administration caves in and blocks pipeline
- Mitch McConnell flatly rejects Chuck Schumer's demand for witnesses at Donald Trump's impeachment trial in the Senate calling it a 'fishing trip' by Democrats after 'inadequate job' in the House
- How fossil fuel burning nearly wiped out life on Earth – 250m years ago
- Earth Hour: Cities around the world turn off lights for nature
- Donald Trump Is Just As Popular As Obama and Reagan, So Will He Also Sail to Re-Election?
- Final NASA budget bill fully funds commercial crew and Earth science
President Obama assails "flat Earth society" energy critics have 350 words, post on www.zdnet.com at March 15, 2012. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.