After yet another disappointing loss, Memphis coach Josh Pastnerdecided it was time for a long, long talk with his team.Pastner addressed his players in the locker room behind closeddoors for more than 90 minutes after a 70-59 defeat againstGeorgetown on Thursday night, the Tigers’ third loss in fourgames.”We just needed to air some things out, and I thought it was agood, open discussion,” Pastner said. ”No one in there is happyto be 6-5. Have we played a tough schedule? Darn right. But we’retoo good to be sitting at 6-5. We’re going to find a way to takethis into a positive. We have no other option.”The lone bright spot for Memphis was a late surge that cut thelead to seven points after it fell behind by 20 in the second half.Otherwise, the Tigers had plenty of trouble spots to discuss, suchas the team’s 18 turnovers, and watching as Georgetown blew openthe game right after halftime.”They jumped out on us, man,” said Will Barton, who had 12points and 11 rebounds. ”I keep saying, every time we play goodteams like that, you cannot come out that flat and expect to winthe game. You either have to jump out on them or make it… Read full this story
- IPL: Shah Rukh Khan Posts Heartfelt Message For KKR Team After Loss To SRH, Chris Lynn Replies
- Victorious Indian Wheelchair Cricket Team Meets Thaawarchand Gehlot
- Orioles rookie David Hess taught tough lessons about the long ball in loss to Red Sox
- Senate Team Meets Buhari Over Saraki/IGP Idris Face-off
- West Bay Community Emergency Response Team Meeting
- Croquet: Newport teams meet in early-season clash
- Turkey's economic management team meets to discuss potential measures on currency rates
- Want to work with Apple's marketing team? Meet Orchard!
- Memphis Zoo Rehabs, Releases Bald Eagle
- Long Beach State hopes to live up to ‘favorite’ label in NCAA men’s volleyball tournament
Memphis has long team meeting after loss to Hoyas have 319 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 22, 2011. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.