It wasn’t her night for lights Ozone Park: The Empire State Building refused to change its lights to blue and white for Mother Teresa. I thought I remembered and I checked it out. It was lit in purple, pink and white for Mariah Carey back in April 2008. The reason Anthony Malkin gave for not lighting for Mother Teresa was that he doesn’t change the lights for a person. Yeah, right. MaryAnn Peck Ridgewood, N.J.: Three cheers for the Empire State Building, recognizing the awarding of suffrage to American women, instead of a Roman Catholic crone. Keeping religion out of the building’s lighting policy is good for all. Peter J. Peirano Manhattan: The childless Mother Theresa campaigned against abortion and claimed to be nonpolitical in doing so. Journalists should be supplying disinterested stories that include the strong opposition to her back in Calcutta and the charge that what little she did to take care of the sick and dying she did in order to further a sentimentally moral cause. Warren Allen Smith Less saintly side Manhattan: To Voicer Steven Soto, who took issue with my letter putting down Mother Teresa: Your “saint” welcomed the financial support of Jean-Claude (Baby Doc)… Read full this story
- Everything Streaming on Amazon Prime Video in August
- 'Innovation the NASA Way' (US 2014): Book Excerpt
- As clock ticks, McConnell accuses Dems of sabotage
- Caribou's Dan Snaith on His New & Most Personal Album: 'I’ve Just Begun to Realize How Fortunate I’ve Been'
- Halo Infinite Dev Responds To Criticisms Of The Game
- Halo Infinite Developer Responds To Criticisms Of The Game
- Madeleine McCann suspect launches new bid to walk free: Christian Brueckner seeks early release from drugs sentence just two days after scrapping first appeal
- Halo Infinite Developer Responds To Fan Criticisms
- She couldn't read music, snobs sneered at her... but she won the battle for the nation's hearts: As Dame Vera Lynn dies aged 103, MICHAEL THORNTON looks back at her extraordinary life
- The Last Of Us HBO Show Will "Expand" On The Series
Voice of the People for August 30, 2010 have 332 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 29, 2010. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.