Monkey see, monkey do. After Sajeev’s outstanding 300SL review I felt compelled to write on the vintage Benzo tip, yo. This car isn’t restored to anything like the condition of Mr. Mehta’s tester, but then again, I’d have felt bad going two-off during public-road driving in a half-million-dollar car…My pal “The Berg” is a twenty-something Mercedes-Benz repairman whose resume includes stints at Merrill Lynch and some kind of career as a Division 1-A tennis player. He rebuilt my 190E 2.3-16 for the 2005 One Lap of America and is forever coming up with odd vehicles, many of which (Bentley T1, six-cylinder Jag XJR) you will see in future Capsule Reviews. A while ago, he arrived at my house with a pair of hi-po sedans — this and a C43 AMG. I’ve never quite sure why he buys them or how he sells them, but some things are better off left unexamined.The story of the 300SEL 6.3 is too long and varied to fit in a Capsule Review, but it was effectively the first German super-sedan and set the template that persists to the modern day. The legend of the 6.3 “big-body Benz” is so powerful that the current 6.2-liter S-class… Read full this story
- Mercedes Benz GL-Class Comparison
- Mercedes Benz CLK 550 - A Chic and Sporty Car
- 5 Ways to Locate Parts for a Mercedes Benz
- Superior Quality Replacement Parts: Reviving Old Mercedes Benz' Luster
- New Mercedes-Benz - ML Review
- Thinking Of Buying A Used Mercedes Benz?
- Where You Should Be Looking To Find The Mercedes Benz For You
- Firsts, World Records From Mercedes-Benz
- Why The Mercedes Benz AMG Is Still The Top Of The Line Luxury Vehicle
- Mercedes-Benz Hits the Runway
Capsule Review: Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3 have 289 words, post on www.thetruthaboutcars.com at July 11, 2010. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.