A large number of people thronged the residence of Palagani Prabhakara Rao, who breathed his last in Help Hospital on Tuesday morning, at Ayodhyanagar when the body was brought around 10 a.m. The body, kept in a glass coffin, was placed beneath a shamiyana in front of the main gate for people to pay their last respects. All the lanes and bylanes of Ayodhyanagar were filled with cars and motorcycles and within a few minutes all the roads leading to Palagani’s house were chock-a-block with vehicles. The traffic police swung into action and began barricading the roads. They stopped allowing vehicles inside Ayodhyanagar. Black badges A few youngsters sporting black badges held aloft black flags and took out a rally in the vicinity raising slogans “Johar Palagani Prabhakar” and “Johar Naga Vaishnavi.” A long queue was formed on the road and barricades were arranged to regulate the crowd. Separate queues were arranged for the VIPs and the general public. Accompanied by Congress corporators, Mayor M.V. Ratna Bindu reached there and comforted Sai Tejesh, the 14-year-old son of Prabhakara Rao, who sat morosely near the body. When the Mayor wanted to call on Prabhakara Rao’s widow Narmada, a few relatives told… Read full this story
- A Newly Discovered Deep-Sea Coral Garden Could Unlock the Ocean's Secrets
- Sea level rise to continue for 'centuries' after net zero reached: 'Damage is done'
- Denise the amazing green sea turtle free again after suffering horrific injuries
- What are Velella velella? Mysterious sea creatures wash up on Barcelona beaches
- Toxic Algae Cause Brain Damage, Memory Loss in Sea Lions
- Human skulls made of sugar part of exhibition exploring Australia's dark and forgotten slave trade
- A Historic Verdict, and a New Front in the Global Fight for Human Rights
- Mystery, adventure, and Sea of Thieves' massive storytelling gambit for 2022
- Arctic sea ice falls to second lowest level on record after a 'crazy' year of heat waves and forest fires in the region
- Shark attack: How often do sharks attack humans? How many are killed in horror attacks?
Sea of humanity at Palagani’s residence have 335 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 3, 2010. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.