Is Europe about to be overrun by Muslims? A number of prominent European and American politicians and journalists seem to think so. The historian Niall Ferguson has predicted that “a youthful Muslim society to the south and east of the Mediterranean is poised to colonise – the term is not too strong – a senescent Europe”. And according to Christopher Caldwell, an American columnist with the Financial Times, whom the Observer recently described as a “bracing, clear-eyed analyst of European pieties”, Muslims are already “conquering Europe’s cities, street by street”. So what if Muslims account for only 3% to 4% of the EU’s total population of 493 million? In his book Reflections on the Revolution in Europe: Can Europe Be the Same With Different People in It? – which was featured on Start the Week, excerpted in Prospect, commended as “morally serious” by the New York Times and has beguiled some liberal opinion-makers as well as rightwing blowhards – Caldwell writes: “Of course minorities can shape countries. They can conquer countries. There were probably fewer Bolsheviks in Russia in 1917 than there are Islamists in Europe today.” Apparently it’s not only Islamist revolutionaries, but also rapidly breeding Muslims who are… Read full this story
- Fear & Cancer: Maybe The Answer In Itself!!
- Fear and Cancer: Maybe The Answer In Itself
- Cultural Tourism in Tanzania
- Social Cultural and Economic Forces Make Women More Likely to Contract HIV
- Improving Corporate Culture
- An Orlando Jewel: The Wells Built Museum of African American History and Culture
- Fear God You Heathen Scoundrel, Repent or Burn in Hell For Eternity
- Fear Of Death And Darkness Phobia
- Energy Enhancement, Energy Blockages and The Removal Of Fear
- Fear Of Spiders (Arachnophobia)
A culture of fear have 270 words, post on www.theguardian.com at August 14, 2009. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.