Leveraging technology it acquired when it bought SiliconSystems, Western Digital today announced it’s shipping its first solid-state disk family of drives for embedded systems.Western Digital Corp. today announced that it has begun shipping its first solid-state line of disk drives based on technology it acquired in March when it bought SiliconSystems Inc. The drives are targeted at embedded systems for business use, not the consumer market.The SiliconDrive III SSD product family represents an upgrade to SiliconSystems’ SiliconDrive II line of drives, with faster read/write speeds and increased capacities.The SiliconDrive III SSD family includes 2.5-in. Serial ATA (SATA) and Parallel ATA (PATA) drives and 1.8-in. Micro SATA drives featuring native SATA 3 Gbits/sec or ATA-7 interfaces. The drives offer read speeds up to 100MB/sec. and write speeds to 80MB/sec. in capacities up to 120GB. The SiliconDrive II SSDs had 32GB of capacity and read/write rates of 32MB/sec. and 17MB/sec., respectively.The SiliconDrive III 2.5-in. SSD drives range in capacity from 30GB to 120GB; the 1.8-in SSDs for hand-held devices offer between 30GB and 60GB capacity.The SiliconDrive III SSDs lack the performance of many popular consumer SSDs on the market today. Drives sold by OCZ Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. and Intel Corp., all… Read full this story
- These are the top SSDs you can get for your desktops
- Nike launches new, legal Alphafly shoe to outrun 'tech doping' furore
- Digital technology helps Odisha unlock true potential of tourism sector: Vishal Kumar Dev
- Exclusive: ING working on digital assets custody technology - sources
- Mumbai local: Mega block on all 3 suburban lines
- Six central banks to hold digital currency meeting in April: Nikkei
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Launched In India At Rs 1 Lakh: Catch The Live Launch Highlights Here!
- Odisha follows digital e-governance footsteps as investments swell
- International Women's Day: school is 'the new front line of feminism'
- Heineken expects 2020 operating profit to rise by mid single-digit percentage
Western Digital launches line of embedded SSDs have 317 words, post on www.networkworld.com at June 15, 2009. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.