Italy, 1512. The Italian Peninsula was ripe with natural resources, an ideal target for power hungry monarchies and European rulers.For most of the Middle Ages, the Italian peninsula was the playground of rival ruling dynasties, who paid mercenaries to fight set-piece battles where the outcome was often settled before the first blow was even exchanged.Military conflict is expensive in any era. The Medici family in Italy were one of the first to provide a type of Investment Bond to fund the mercenaries and fighting forces . The idea is that you borrow money and that loan is guaranteed for a set interest rate return. When the war was won, the spoils of war could be used to pay off the loan or bond.In fact this is how governments create extra financial deficit all over the world. They issue bonds to raise capital on the finance markets to use for government spending.Fast forward to the American Civil War in the 1800`s.The story all begins with the Cotton production that funded America rise to globalization. Cotton was a huge earning potential for the Confederate states. This revenue was used to fund the efforts in winning the Civil War.Hence began the policy of “King Cotton… Read full this story
- Rise of cryptocurrencies could curb American power
- War-torn Syrian people under threat of new war
- How Syria’s Death Toll Is Lost in the Fog of War
- When Superheroes Battle Evil, Why Does Washington Always Lose?
- Kent Shifferd: Looking ahead to the possible wars of May
- Kentucky has been rapidly losing farmland. Where most of it went may surprise you.
- Disruptive conservative groups lose their punch with Trump in charge
- Americans won’t stop fighting!
- Charles Blow: Trying to impeach Trump is a losing strategy for Democrats
- Syria: Expropriation is 'punishment for those who protested'
How to Lose an American Civil War have 301 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 19, 2009. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.