Your best mate has asked you to be his best man at his upcoming wedding, and your initial feeling of pride has now given way to knuckle-gnawing nerves — how are you going to do this? How can you stand up in front of all those people, give a good best man speech and — perhaps most important of all — how are you going to make it funny? The best man’s speech is supposed to be funny, right?Calm down! Making funny best man speeches is easy if you follow a few simple tips. What’s more, making your speech humorous can help to calm your own nerves on the day. Here are some tips you need to keep in mind:Push home your advantage: You are the groom’s best friend, so you have a wealth of background material to draw from. You don’t want to embarrass him too much; all you need are one or two humorous events from his past that you can describe without a convoluted explanation. Consult one or two relatives to check it is appropriate and that you will still be his best friend afterwards!Be appropriate: Remember that the guests at a wedding reception usually includes minors, elderly people, and people… Read full this story
- The ultimate best man's speech: tips from a serial wingman
- Joshua Wong on Hong Kong human rights, those CIA rumours, and his Sundance winner Teenager vs Superpower
- Varvel: Why the right shouldn't love ’Roseanne’ reboot
- Bud Lathrop, a bronze bust, and one last best chance to say "I love you."
- Full transcript: New York Times reporter Emily Steel on Recode Media
- The harshest jokes from Michelle Wolf's correspondents' dinner speech
- The many reactions to Michelle Wolf’s speech, from Trump saying she ‘bombed’ to Kumail Nanjiani’s support
- Susan Sontag on Storytelling, What It Means to Be a Moral Human Being, and Her Advice to Writers
- Melvin Carter's historic rise from Old Rondo to St. Paul's 'made-for-this' mayor
- After calling Barbara Bush an ‘amazing racist,’ a professor taunts critics: ‘I will never be fired’
Funny Best Man Speeches - Right the First Time! have 354 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 17, 2009. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.