Almost thirty years ago, James Carville, one of former U.S. President Clinton’s election campaign managers coined the expression, “The Economy, Stupid”. He was satirically making the point that the 1992 U.S. presidential election should be appropriately contested on policy ideas aimed at improving the economy and paving a pathway for prosperity. That election campaign took place in the wake of a severe economic recession that affected many countries, including Barbados. As the people of Barbados and the political parties engage in the ongoing 2018 general election campaign, I humbly submit that a central theme of this campaign should be the economy. That is, stabilizing the Barbados economy, restoring sanity to the government’s finances, and building a firm foundation for sustainable, inclusive economic growth and social development. Barbados is at a crossroads, and this election could be a watershed for the people of Barbados, their children, their grandchildren and the unborn. Given the magnitude of the economic, social and infrastructural challenges facing Barbados, politicians must rise to the occasion. They have a duty to tell us what they are proposing to do to stop the rot and improve the wellbeing of Barbadians while safeguarding their livelihood, and inspiring the prospect of a more prosperous… Read full this story
- Juncker hits out at ‘stupid populists’
- Is it ‘the economy, stupid’ in the EU’s southern neighbourhood?
- Public 'ready for change' as UK economy is 'unfair' and 'not working', poll reveals
- Actions of Armenian PM's wife: if not stupidity, then provocation
- Britain’s Very Stupid Hunt
- Trump says China thinks US is 'stupid,' vows more pain
- US curbs China nuclear exports as Trump warns Americans not 'stupid'
- Tesla's Biggest Problem Is Busy Tweeting
- 'Turkey’s economic crisis is a glimpse into the future of Donald Trump’s America'
- The temperance movement’s latest study proves only one thing – it is economically illiterate
It’s the economy stupid have 305 words, post on barbadostoday.bb at May 14, 2018. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.