CPV: The Commonwealth Bank of Australia will open its first Vietnam branch on 28 August in Ho Chi Minh City, paving the way for a significant new investment to the country. The Commonwealth Bank is one of Australia’s largest banks, with more than 95 years experience in financial services. Originally a state-owned bank, Commonwealth Bank was privatized over the 1991-1996 period. The Bank has a longstanding commitment to Vietnam by running a representative office in Hanoi for 14 years. “Delivery of high quality and sophisticated services is one of Australia’s economic strengths, and has long been an important component of Australian investment in Vietnam, particularly in financial services”, said Mr Tweddell, Australian Ambassador to Vietnam. Commonwealth Bank’s investment in Vietnam is part of the strong ongoing commercial relationship between Australia and Vietnam. Danny Armstrong, General Director of Commonwealth Bank in Vietnam, said: “During those 14 years, we have seen many positive changes and an ongoing trend of strong economic growth that we believe will continue in the medium to long-term term. We are looking forward to doing business in this exciting part of the world and providing the people of Vietnam with a secure and affordable foreign banking alternative”. In…
- Korean bank Daegu to open branch in HCM City
- How ‘rogue’ teen Steve Weston founded $240 million digital bank Volt
- Open banking will threaten the dominance of the big four banks — but it has been delayed
- Explainer: Australia's biggest banks reel from string of scandals
- ASIC wants to see more adoption of regtech by Australia's financial sector
- Australia's Consumer Data Right to finally make its way through Parliament
- Former Vietnamese refugee's tenure as South Australia governor extended
- Lower interest rates, a slight growth pick-up, risks to the downside: where economists see Australia in 2020
- Westpac customers wait as St George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne offer Apple Pay
- UPDATE 2-Australia's ANZ to refund 3.4 mln accounts that 'need fixing'
Commonwealth Bank of Australia to open branch in Vietnam have 318 words, post on at August 26, 2008. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.