1936-2007Tom Snyder, who hosted TV’s first late-late-night network talk show, has died. He was 71.Snyder died Sunday in San Francisco of leukemia complications, his longtime producer and friend Mike Horowicz told the Associated Press on Monday. He had been diagnosed with leukemia in April 2005.Snyder hosted NBC’s “Tomorrow” show from 1973-82, in the time slot following “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.” His catch phrase for the show was: “Fire up a colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures, now, as they fly through the air.” Snyder smoked throughout his show, the cigarette cloud swirling around him during interviews.With his percussive laugh and opinionated bent, the silver-haired Snyder defied the bland, middle-of-the-road persona of hosts and anchors. His manner bemused or annoyed late-night TV viewers through three decades. As a talk show host, Snyder was known for his off-beat monologues and carefree discussion with the crew while on the air. His eclectic array of interviewees included John Lennon, Ayn Rand, Johnny Rotten and, via hookup, Charles Manson.He gained more fame when Dan Aykroyd lampooned him in the early days of “Saturday Night Live.””He was one of the best interviewers of his time, a truly gifted conversationalist who was at… Read full this story
- Hearts Shatter Across Baseball Over Loss of Tom Terrific — Mine Included
- Tom Cruise dares The Late Late Show host James Corden to go skydiving after teasing over film stunts
- Tom Parker’s widow Kelsey has ‘blunt’ conversations with daughter, 2, who thinks he’s still on tour: ‘She doesn’t understand’
- Tom Parker fans sob as widow Kelsey says daughter, 2, 'understands Daddy flew with angels'
- Tom Cruise shows funny side on Tonight Show skit with Jimmy Fallon while promoting new action film
- Inside Ricky Gervais’ feud with ‘privileged’ Tom Hanks after string of jokes about star ‘on his high horse’ fall flat
- Former England rugby star Tom Youngs’ wife Tiffany dies after brave cancer battle as tributes pour in
- My husband died at age 33 just like Tom Parker – I ache at the unfairness that my daughters lost their dad
- Tom Hanks gets choked up while paying emotional tribute to late Bosom Buddies co-star Peter Scolari
- Tom Hanks health: Star ignored diabetes warning signs for '20-years' - condition explained
Talk show host Tom Snyder dies at 71 have 370 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at July 31, 2007. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.