Heads of Australia’s local governments said Friday they would support a bid to host the 2018 World Cup. The possibility of bidding for the right to host the tournament was discussed at an annual meeting between the national government and the heads of the eight state and territory governments. Australian Prime Minister John Howard (more…)
- How tiny Qatar fought back against Saudi blockade to keep World Cup bid on track
- Russia claims it stopped terrorist attack during 2018 World Cup
- Singapore among 5 nations to be part of 'technical working group' looking into 2034 World Cup bid
- Russian, Foreign Intelligence Prevented 2018 World Cup Terror Attack
- Spain wants 2030 World Cup bid with Morocco and Portugal
- Spain proposes 2030 World Cup bid shared with Morocco and Portugal
- Russia 2018 World Cup provided $14.5bn boost to economy – organizers
- FIFA Council hails Russia 2018 World Cup as best in history
- Sinead Kissane: 'How Schmidt turned transition into great timing for World Cup bid'
- Rugby: New Zealand wins 2021 Women's World Cup bid
Australia would back 2018 World Cup bid: Howard have 153 words, post on at July 15, 2006. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.